HOW THE TRABANT INVADED WEST BERLIN AND RUINED MY UNCLE’S KINGDOM!
Yugoslav immigrant Dragan Wende (his ex-wife’s surname), once the King of West Berlin’s 1970s disco scene, wants to have The Wall back up. Things were much better before! Today, he earns his living as a bordello doorman. And as if that wasn’t bad enough, along come his filmmaker nephew Vuk to explore the myth of his uncle from the West, followed by father Mile, a retired first generation guest worker, proud builder of West Berlin and also a great friend of the Wall.
A loving tale of the divided Berlin and the still united Yugoslavia. All swept away on the tides of history.
AVAILABLE FOR SCREENING:
1. the 58 min. version
2. the 85' version
Festivals and Awards:
* 2013: Nominated for German Documentary Film Award
* 2013: Nominated for PRIX EUROPA
* 2013: Trieste Film Festival - Alpe Adria Cinema Award for Best Documentary
* 2013: Max Ophüls Preis - Best Documentary
* 2013: FEST - New Directors/New Films - Audience Award
* 2013: Mexico International Film Festival - Golden Palm Award
* 2013: Beldocs - Special Mention