WARNING: MAJOR CONSTRUCTION WORK! (ATTENTION GRANDS TRAVAUX!) - Series 2
Director(s): Nicolas FRANK, Camille JUZA, Marc BALL, Eve MINAULT, Etienne DE CLERCK – Writer(s): Camille JUZA Contact Print page
And we visit another city – American this time – that was newly constructed near Paris – Disneyland ® Paris, Mickey’s dream city.
But Strasburg has also engaged in major works when the tramway was built in the middle of the 1990s. And yet, the plans triggered a bitter debate, because shop owners feared that their clients would desert a city center that offered less parking spaces “The city centre will die…” they claimed. And today? You’ll be hard pushed to find anyone to still complain about the tramway.
What if great heritage sites, that are expensive to maintain, could also bring a lot of hard cash? It was this idea that promoted the regional council of the Gard region to decide in 1985 to improve the site around the Pont du Gard, the famous Roman aqueduct bridge.
In the north, at the opposite end of the country, thirty-three kilometers separate France from England. 33 km that make Franco-British relations so…special. Has the Channel Tunnel been able to bring the two countries closer together?
The episodes (and name of director):
• Sophia Antipolis: High-Tech Utopia (Nicolas Frank)
• Disneyland ® Paris: Mickey’s Dream City (Marc Ball)
• Pont du Gard: The Bridge That Lays Golden Eggs (Eve Minault)
• The Tram of Strasbourg: A Desire Named Streetcar (Camille Juza)
• Channel Tunnel: Twenty Billions Under the Seas (Etienne de Clerck)
• The Tignes Dam: Tignes, Energy Drowning in Water (Camille Juza)