Is the human reproduction capacity under threat then? And how? Wildlife appears to be under threat as well : zoologists from around the world have observed strange echoes to the Danish findings : a feminisation of the fish population or frogs, sexual malformation in alligators or birds, weird animal behaviour. The scientists begin to wonder… What if all of these worrying observations had a common origin?
Fingers are pointed at : PCBs, DDT, glycol ethers, phthalates, pesticides, etc. They are known as “endocrine disruptors”.
“Men in Danger” looks at bizarre and worrying findings and events which no one thought – or dared – to connect to each other in the past. From the swamps of Florida to the sophisticated laboratories of renowned biologists, the documentary shows the human face of research, where important discoveries are often made by accident and good luck.
Festivals and Awards:
* 2009: Award "Best International Popular Scientific Documentary" at the Academia Film, Olomouc, Czech Republic
* 2009: "Etoile de la SCAM", the annual awards of 30 selected audiovisual works by the Civil Society of Multimedia Authors (France), at the "Forum des Images", Paris, France.
* 2008: Winner PRIX EUROPA "Best Television Current Affairs Programme", Berlin, Allemagne.
* 2008: Ushuaïa TV Award and the Award "Prix des Lycéens" at the International Festival of Ecology Films, Bourges, France.
* 2008: "Prix des Lycéens" award at the International Festival of Scientific Films Pariscience, Paris, France.